Awarded To
aldaris1

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nycteras
Nycteras1
In-Game Guild Master
Going Postal

re: Guild Meeting 1/6/12

I'd like to start off saying I hope everyone had a safe and joyful holiday season!

It's pretty obvious that our ranks still have a lot going on IRL... but we will manage. I would like everyone aware that Artty is going in to have surgery tomorrow 1/7... so please keep him in your thoughts. Shout out via facbook if you'd like.

I'd like to thank a few people that we're on and helped me out immensely by donating to vent. With me being out of work due to my surgery, my money situation is more then tight this month, so Dieryah (aka Sherri) and Delyyin (aka John) quickly stepped up and threw a few bucks toward vent server to keep it running for a few more months. THANK YOU!

Biggestbrute (and all of his alts) did have a great idea that if we could get enough for donations to pay for a year, the server charge goes down from $10/mo to $7/mo... so I'm keeping my eye out and if there is enough to do so I will and let everyone know.

We of course discussed what we are going to do about raiding, now that the holidays are over. Dis has lost track (as have I) on what weekend he's going to lead, but our usual raid leaders are going to keep the communication open so that the weekend progression raiding will start seeing events up again. We did agree that Fridays are going to remain difficult for sign ups for now, we just truly have so many people that have responsibilities, and RL comes first. Always.

So for now, our current content progression raiding will stick to Saturdays and Sundays mostly, although that is up to the raid leaders discretion whether to include a Friday or not. Moral of the story is..... WATCH THE CALENDAR.

I would like to add a thank you to Cele, and Deathdecay (aka Turkey!) for putting forth a heroic effort to help with events, and the pst's I have a tendency to shoot out for opinions. And ty to Jynx as well for your ear concerning.... well, just about everything! And for those I didn't mention by name... you know who you are. Thank you. From the bottom of my heart.

There was the idea to have 2 progression runs on Saturdays and Sundays, with one raid being in the afternoon and the other in the evening. Say FL and then DS later. I think it's a good idea, especially since most of our log in times are during those 2 days. It's worth a shot to see if it's viable.

I once again am going to try to put together a running calendar for events so that there is more group effort. I'm talking with alot of people to make it the best it can be right out of the gate. This is not something I take lightly. I want guildies to run together. No reason to run solo when your in a guild, especially one of this size and talent. Yes, D... I will be including old school content in that calendar as well. Please PLEASE keep in mind, that if I am creating events that doesn't necessarily mean that I will be available to lead them. I will try to find people to create them after I speak with them to avoid that, but in the meantime please read the notes!!!

Rahll is banging his head against the wall for ideas on how to get us all together to learn PvP. Personally, it's something that I've always wanted to try but it's a scary thing when you don't know a damn thing. There's been talk of using lowbies to learn the BG's, and if you don't have an alt space left (i hear you Biggestbrute) then just be patient for now! The details aren't worked out yet, but you can bet there will be some guild PvP events showing up on the calendar soon.

Another idea on Rahll, (he so loves RoE) is doing class talks once a month. Again, the details need worked out, but I think it's a great idea and so I'm going to incorporate that into the running calendar as well. Classes on your Class forums here on the website are needing updated badly. damn.

I am also going to include the Guild Lottery (thoughts on this??) every 2 weeks, and some crazy fun things like Naked Death Races and Splat. Keep your eye open. I won't spoil it, but watch the ever-loving CALENDAR!!!!

I would like to see more people here on the website that mother built.. It's a great resource (well not so great atm, data is old, my apologies) that every can access at any time. /cough

I've been talking with people and listening to opinions about where are problems lay. The fact that for the most part we are a mature guild (ok, OLDER maybe not so mature.. ) means we have to keep in mind that playtimes are working around things like jobs, children, keeping a house, significant others, friends, college, etc, etc... This guild understands.

I also understand that with a guild this size it's impossible to avoid cliques. Yep we have em. Why wouldn't we? People love it here so much that they bring friends and family from other servers. When you get to know (i mean REALLY get to know the real person) who is on at the same times, and talk to them, you form judgements. Some times they are good, sometimes they aren't so great. It's unavoidable. But for the most part I think as a guild we are a damn good running machine. Mostly. Yes we all have our inner feelings. If you have a problem with someone, please inform me or an officer. There may be a reason your not aware of with that person. Things happen outside of guild chat (OMG REALLY) that maybe would explain why that toon is having a bad day. or a bad week. or a bad month.

Moral of this story... Let's keep RoE a gamily. Dysfunctional but loyal to each other. That will see us thru any clique, hard time (in-game or RL), and raid.

As I was listening to these crazy people on vent, I started to realize the things I've NOT been doing. I'm in the process now of revamping the website to include strats/videos of the new heroics and DS. (LOOK ON THE WIKI) I also need to update the officer info and while I'm at it, I also need to lay down some clear cut 'rules'. I shouldn't have to, but it will make things cut and dry not only for myself but for the officers that guide the place now that I'm back to work.

I'm going to be drafting an application for recruitment. I'd like to see more people, but I don't want to invite every Tom, Dick and Harry to our ranks. I want them to be a match right out of the gate. This way we have more chances of finding good people and will have an idea what they want out of the game to start with.

I've been using other guilds to help me with ideas, but the bottom line is... This is RoE. We are certainly not a cookie cutter guild by any means. Amen. Gonna keep it that way.

So, looks like I have a lot of work to do.

As usual, if you have any further ideas, don't like mine, or just want to have your opinion voiced, I'm always open. My mail box is here if I'm not online. If you don't feel comfortable talking with me (I certainly hope that isn't the case) the officer base would certainly be available to listen to you.

Until next time.... Rock ON RoE!!!!!!

Nyc Happy

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Who's Online

Vent Clan Pay Status

PayPal Donation

Server Status